Applying for a VA mortgage is pretty easy and a great benefit for Nassau County Veterans that have entitlement. The entire VA loan pre approval process is very similar to other mortgage programs and often done in less than 30 min. The key difference is that the VA mortgage program is exclusively for current and past military personal. Below we will discuss in detail on how to apply for VA home loan.
- Be sure to outline your goals, our first priority is to help you fulfill your dreams of homeownership. But to help us do so, we need to know a little about your goals. What type of property are you looking to purchase? What is your time line? How long do you plan to live in the home, etc. What location – Amelia Island, Callahan, Fernandina Beach, Hilliard, Yulee?
- What is your timeline? Is home ownership something you want to accomplish in the next few months? Few years? Let the loan officer know your timeline and they will help you better prepare.
- VA loan application – you need to know all the basics that will be asked by the mortgage lender, bank or broker – Example: Last (2) years of address history. Last (2) years of employment job history – know the address, phone number, length of employment, salary. Date of Birth, Social, contact information. Also know your banking information. The name of each bank and your balance in each account. Will you be the only borrower listed on the mortgage application? If not, be sure you have all the above for the co applicant as well. Don’t panic, as you will likely know all this information by heart.
- Know the different financing options available to you. Just because you have VA loan benefits doesn’t mean VA is the best option for you. 100% USDA mortgage, FHA mortgage, Conventional, etc. If you aren’t sure, that’s ok. Your mortgage loan officer will discuss the difference between each loan program and discuss all the pro’s and con’s of each.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) – Your COE will be needed to let both the lender and borrower know if sufficient entitlement and guarantee is in place to use their VA mortgage benefits. Don’t have your COE? Please contact us below and we will help.
To get started on your Florida VA loan application, call us at 800-743-7556 or just submit the quick Info Request Form here and a VA loan specialist will contact you 7 days a week. We are happy to service all of Fla and GA including Nassau County – Amelia Island – Callahan – Fernandina Beach – Hilliard – Yulee FL
Already have a VA loan and want to learn about VA refinance? Please contact us today.