FHA mortgage loans are a great choice for many first time home buyers in St. Augustine Florida. The Florida FHA mortgage program provides several benefits, keeping in mind the budget difficulties of many homeowners who are considering purchasing their first home. Compared to most traditional mortgage loans, the FHA mortgage loan facilitates the process for the applicant.
Besides that, the FHA mortgage loan consists of a very low down payment, only 3.5%. This makes it a lot easier for homeowners that may have problems saving for the large down payment necessary by common conventional home loans.
What are the most important advantages to choosing an FHA loan in St. Augustine, St. Johns County:
- Secure fixed loan interest rates – One of the big advantages of your Florida FHA loan is the benefit of having a fixed 15 or 30 year interest rate. In comparison to other regular loans in which the loan interest rates change, the rate remains the same for the total length of the loan. This timeframe is typically for 30 years. Because of this provision the consumer can budget their predetermined monthly installment ahead of time.
- Minimum down payment – The Federal government insures or supports FHA loans, therefore the borrower has very minimal charges in the process. FHA mortgages require a minimum 3.5% financial commitment from the applicant. The loan does allow for the home seller to pay for all closing costs, up to 6% which is frequently enough to take care of almost any property sale.
- Not Hard to Qualify – Prequalifying for a Florida FHA home loan is rather straightforward. Because it’s the FHA that insures your home loan, the creditors and lending institutions make it feasible for anybody to qualify when they meet the base requirements. The primary components of qualifying are the history of credit, earnings and employment history.
- Adjustable Rate Option – The FHA mortgage loan started due to the stretched budget constraints of first time buyers. That’s the reason the FHA features an adjustable rate option for home buyers, which calls for a relatively low payment and interest rate.
- There won’t be cash reserves required – In contrast to most conventional home loan programs, Florida’s FHA home loan is a very tempting option for St. Augustine, FL first-time home owners who have little money saved.
St. Augustine First Time buyers should find out what to expect before starting the FHA mortgage loan application process. Being prepared will always boost your opportunities in successfully getting the FHA mortgage approved. Here we list a few steps and some things to consider.
In advance of application:
- Debt-to-income ratio
A careful study needs to be done at this point. Mortgage lenders differ on precise amounts, but a financial debt load that is greater than 41 to 45 percent is high risk for an FHA loan. You will need 2 years of continual employment with no unexplained breaks in job history.
- Credit History
It is generally the small issues that may damage your consumer credit. Check your income source, creditworthiness, together with rent history which may show up on a credit score. Get everything taken care of and work towards a spotless record.
- Credit ratings
In 2022, a FICO score of 600 or better is required for the 3.5% down payment with the FHA. If you have had a bankruptcy or foreclosure, you will have to have maintained a perfect credit score since then (4 years and 5 years respectively) regardless of recent creditworthiness.
FHA Mortgage Application:
- Complete the Information request at www.FhaMortgageSource.com that let’s get started today. The FHA loan advisor will call you to discuss your primary goal. Subsequently, a full mortgage application will need to be completed that details everything about you, the borrower, which is used for determining whether you are qualified for a mortgage loan. The interest rate and terms of the loan will also be identified largely by the data in your loan application form, credit scores, etc.
- In the event the application is pre-approved, you will get the disclosure records that are essentially initial loan documents that have all the minute details in connection with terms and conditions, loan rates, cost and installment payments of the home loan.
- This has to be agreed upon and returned along with documents such as your bank account statements, IDs, personal references, etc., for validation purposes. Usually, these documents are ready before the loan application is submitted to the loan provider.
- The processor double checks all validating papers and may request absent documentation from the borrower if needed.
- When completed, the documents are sent to the underwriter.
- The underwriter will be sending a Conditions List of further missing elements or documents to the purchaser.
- After the buyer completes the requested items on the list, it is returned to the mortgage lender for final authorization. The closing date is then scheduled.
Notice: When you are in contract on a residence, the entire loan closing process takes roughly 3 weeks to a month to complete.
Questions? Be sure to call to visit www.FhaMortgageSource.com 7 days a week or call 800-743-7556. Serving all of St Johns County FL including St. Augustine, Green Cove Springs, St. Johns, Fruit Cove. FHA Mortgage Loan – St. Augustine, St. Johns