California home buyers now have the option to secure Jumbo mortgage financing up to 95%. This is great news since many higher costs locations in CA like Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, etc, exceed the standard conforming loan amount limits set by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Home buyers with little down payment now have some great financing options with as little as 5% down payment. Listed below you will find the current California 95 percent Jumbo loan financing requirements for primary residences. Note, 2nd homes or investment homes will vary:
Jan 2021: Please note some lower down payment programs may be temporarily limited due to recent economic changes.
- 95% Loan to value: Up to $2,000,000 with 700+ credit score. Buyers can choose from a single loan up to $2.0mil. Or a 1st and 2nd mortgage combo piggyback loan up to 2.0 million. Both Jumbo options have NO monthly mortgage insurance (PMI)
- 90% Loan to value: Up to $3,000,000 with 720+ credit score.
- 85% Loan to value: Up to $3,500,000 with 740+ credit score.
Jumbo Mortgage Advantages: There are many advantages jumbo mortgages offer when compared to other methods for financing high-cost homes.
- Quick 10 min application process – to begin just call ph: 800-962-0677 7 days a week
- Same day pre approvals, with in-house underwriting
- The convenience of one loan for the entire loan amount instead of having multiple mortgages
- Financing available up to $3,000,000
- No monthly PMI option
- Fixed and adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) options available
Most of the same qualifying criteria is examined when applying for a conventional loan are reviewed at when applying for a jumbo loan. However, qualifying for a jumbo loan often requires higher credit scores, lower debt-to-income ratios, higher savings reserves than qualifying for a standard conforming home loan. Buyers can find the latest 2021 Jumbo loan guidelines here.
Latest Jumbo mortgage requirements for California home buyers:
- Income must be documentable with W2 and pay stubs. Self employed borrowers will need to provide two years of tax returns. Self-employed buyers can also look into the non-conventional loan program here.
- Saving and assets must be well documented (only what’s needed to close) Two months of savings, retirement accounts, etc.
- Your credit history: Credit scores of 680 or above is needed to obtain loan approval.
- Single-family homes and condos eligible.
- Primary Residence, vacation homes and investment properties eligible. Down payment requirements will increase to 10% + down when the property is not a primary home.
Have questions about the 95 percent Jumbo loan? Please visit Jumbo Mortgage Source Or call Ph: 800-962-0677. Serving buyers in California: Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Oakland, Bakersfield, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Riverside, Stockton, Chula Vista, Fremont, Irvine